5 Refreshing Summer Sweets that will Make you Go Vegan
Refreshing, easy, and colorful is the theme of my curated collection of vegan summer sweets. Cool down, grab something sweet, and enjoy your time soaking up the last of those summer days. I know, I'm sad that it will be over soon, too. Warning: You may just want to eat any number of these recipes immediately - so get ready to head to the grocery store!
1. Summer Celebration Fruit Tart: How pretty is this tart! It's incredibly simple to make, and what makes this tart so summery are the fresh seasonal fruits and delightful toppings like fresh herbs and bee pollen. This picturesque tart is almost too pretty to eat, and it's vegan and gluten-free. What could be any better on a summer's day? (via My New Roots)
2. Stecco Gelato: This "stick ice cream" as it is translated to contains two of my all-time favorite fruits: blackberries and raspberries. The color of these popsicles are so rich and I am guessing that they taste just the same. These are a perfect treat on a hot, sunny day, or for those mid-afternoon moments when you get a sweet tooth. (via Smile, Beauty and More)
3. No Bake Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake: I love how vegan recipes look so beautiful and use the freshest ingredients. Isn't that the best part about eating - eating with your eyes? And I just loooove blueberries. They're so easy to add to anything, they taste amazing, and they are packed with antioxidants among other super-fruit powers! Everything about this recipe takes the guilt out of dessert. The crust is made from almonds and dates and the filling contains coconut oil, coconut milk, and cashew nuts. I can just imagine how creamy this is! (via Call Me Cupcake)
4. Coconut Lavender Lemonade: That color - I have never seen a prettier lemonade in my life! It's hard to describe the taste of lavender, but it's really light and refreshing, so don't be scared to try it. Since floral notes are not for everyone, you can get creative with this idea of infusing lemonade with various flavors. Coconut water is very hydrating and will give you that boost of energy on those hot days. (via Confectionalism)
5. Cantaloupe in Coconut Rose Cream: The color of this delightful creation screams SUMMER! Doesn't it make you feel refreshed just looking at it? Cantaloupe was made for summer, agree? This is completely dairy-free, too. What's the white stuff, you ask? Coconut cream. Coconuts are so versatile for vegan recipes as you've seen so far. And there's something hidden that makes this recipe so interesting. It's the rose water and cardamom powder that just do it for me. I'm dying to try it! (via Kiran Tarun)
Now that I've officially prepared a feast for your eyes, which recipe are you convinced will make you turn vegan? Haha, kidding. You don't need to become a vegan to eat vegan or feel pressured that you must say an oath. I love that there are so many recipes accessible today that show you that you don't have to sacrifice taste for eating healthy. If anything, you gain so much more flavors because vegan recipes often contain diverse ingredients that you may have never tried together. It's an adventure for your senses, so why not escape for a little bit and try something new. <3
Which of these recipes do you hope to try? Share with me in the comments!